WOW!!! Mike and I are grandparents! How is that possible! Hmmm--you know what I mean--it simply doesn't seem like that much time has passed, but it most certainly has. We have only a few more weeks until the next adorable grandbaby is due. Oscar is just about seven weeks old and rules the household (as it should be). Poor Kenna and Christian have become almost invisible because everyone (especially me) oohs and ahhs over their little boy. Lovin' it!
Mike threw me an unbelievable surprise birthday party on saturday!!!!! He had been planning it since the first part of December aparently. We went with the Haymonds down to Vegas to see Bryan and Mike play rugby on the U of U team. I thought that when we got home we would be going to dinner with a few people, but when we turned onto our street and I saw cars lining both sides clear to the top practically, I knew that was not going to happen. I walked in to a house filled with friends and family! Later I learned that Mike had committees and supervisors to make it all happen--finger food, dessert, salads, video, technical, decorations, set up, weather (sunny, 56 degrees). He thought of everything! Nicole put together a video of my life including a video section from Greg where he is playing the piano, accordion and the harmonica, although not all at the same time. Also he does a couple card tricks for us. It was AWESOME! I love my birthday! Nothing like turning 50 to brighten your day!
Mike threw me an unbelievable surprise birthday party on saturday!!!!! He had been planning it since the first part of December aparently. We went with the Haymonds down to Vegas to see Bryan and Mike play rugby on the U of U team. I thought that when we got home we would be going to dinner with a few people, but when we turned onto our street and I saw cars lining both sides clear to the top practically, I knew that was not going to happen. I walked in to a house filled with friends and family! Later I learned that Mike had committees and supervisors to make it all happen--finger food, dessert, salads, video, technical, decorations, set up, weather (sunny, 56 degrees). He thought of everything! Nicole put together a video of my life including a video section from Greg where he is playing the piano, accordion and the harmonica, although not all at the same time. Also he does a couple card tricks for us. It was AWESOME! I love my birthday! Nothing like turning 50 to brighten your day!
We had snow in St. George. I just have to add these pics because I can still hardly believe it...School was cancelled and I needed four-wheel drive all day long to get up and down my driveway. Weird.
2 comments:
Who-HOOOO!!!! Look at CUTE Oscar!!!!!
Isn't it great being a grandma??? Mike looks content as a grandpa... Kelly, hope that you had a great birthday, you will never look 50, I saw pictures of you on Loretta's blog, you look fantastic... Have a fun time with those grandkids!!!
Post a Comment