Homemade brownies (thanks Pete) with strawberries, whip cream, cornflakes (???), coconut. To DIE for!!!
Dinner was roasted potatoes, pork loin, green beans.
This was the lovely table and view. We had roasted garlic with brie and Grandma Joan's special peach chutney. We polished it off completely much to Peter's dismay...
Mike and I had our anniversary on March 26--28 years!!! Pretty dang awesome! We stayed overnight at Zion that night and the next day spent the time hiking, shopping and eating. We had a wonderful time getting away. While we were gone Peter and Madeline with the help of Greg spent Saturday moving out of their apartment and cleaning up as they went. It was a big job! When we got home Saturday evening, after a full day of moving and cleaning (and being 8 months pregnant besides), Madeline had made us a gourmet dinner served on the patio. The boys were the hired help as they set things up for her and served for us. There were candles all around, the fire pit was lit, music was playing. At one point Greg played a special piano number for us. It was lovely! Mike and I had tears running down our cheeks as we ate together. We had an amazing family and we love them so much!
1 comment:
What a GREAT post! I can't believe that meal either! What a great day for a great couple!
And sorry Kelly, I missed this post for a bit cuz I didn't realize you were going to post again so quickly! Thanks so much! GREAT POST!
Post a Comment